A handmade wooden rocking chair with netted babiche back and seat. Parts of the frame are branches which have been minimally shaped. It came from Saint Peter’s Anglican Mission, which was built in 1893 in the original Hay River village on the east bank of the main channel of the Hay River.
A clothes iron used by Emily Lepine while living in Hay River with her husband, Frank Lepine, in the 1950s to 1970s. The heavy 'No. 7' iron could have been heated on a wood stove. The metal handle had to be grasped with a thick potholder or glove.
Donor Pi Kennedy was an avid radio user while living at his trapping cabin at Oulton Lake, northeast of Fort Smith. This SBX-11A radio transceiver was just one of many collected by Kennedy while retired in Fort Smith.