A powder horn made from a cow horn with leather strap. It was originally owned and used by Francois Drygeese at Enodah, or Trout Rock, a Yellowknives Dene village site on the North Arm of Great Slave Lake.
The Gibson Girl emergency radio was used by many northern bush pilots in the post-World War II period. It featured a hand-crank and an ergonomic shape so that it could be placed between a pilot’s thighs while cranking to generate a signal. This transmitter was owned by Hank Koenen who operated a charter airline from 1949 to 1975.
A headset worn by pilot Len Robinson. While living in Yellowknife from 1980 until his death in 1998, Robinson flew Twin Otter planes for air charter companies, including Air Tindi, Latham Island Airways, and Ptarmigan Airways.
A hockey jersey worn by team captain Frank Horvat of the Giant Grizzlies in Yellowknife during the 1966-67 season. Frank worked at Giant Mine from 1952 to 1967 in the assay lab and was a top-scoring star of the local hockey league.