A handmade wooden rocking chair with netted babiche back and seat. Parts of the frame are branches which have been minimally shaped. It came from Saint Peter’s Anglican Mission, which was built in 1893 in the original Hay River village on the east bank of the main channel of the Hay River.
A powder horn made from a cow horn with leather strap. It was originally owned and used by Francois Drygeese at Enodah, or Trout Rock, a Yellowknives Dene village site on the North Arm of Great Slave Lake.
This standing iron is a dog harness decoration composed of a padded wire shaft with a wool pompom on top. It would have been attached upright to the harness right behind the dog’s head. Dog mushers often dressed up their teams for special occasions especially over the Christmas and Easter holidays.