In 2012, six mini-exhibits were produced to highlight objects and documents from the Museum Collections and NWT Archives:
- Permafrost Snapshot: Objects from a 2500-year-old archaeological site on Banks Island.
- Everyday Objects: A selection of from Mary Gruben’s sewing collection.
- The Tremain Collection: Dene and Métis clothing from the early 1900s, returned to the NWT by Gwen Tremain Runyard.
- Dene Hand Games: A collection of archival photos and video on the famous NWT pastime.
- John Hornby: Artifacts and letters from the famous and ill-fated adventurer of the early 20th century.
- The Lure of the Nahanni: A look at the Nahanni through the eyes of a few of its famous residents, Albert Faille and the Kraus family.