Object 985.035.031

Chair

A handmade wooden rocking chair with netted babiche back and seat. Parts of the frame are branches which have been minimally shaped. It came from Saint Peter’s Anglican Mission, which was built in 1893 in the original Hay River village on the east bank of the main channel of the Hay River.

Object Details
Accession No. 985.035.031
Maker Unknown
Culture
Region
Location Hay River, Great Slave Lake
Date 1900s