In 1893, American adventurer Frank Russell bought a caribou skin lodge from Tłı̨̨chǫ trading chief, K’aàwidaà (also known as Bear Lake Chief). One hundred years later, the lodge came back to the NWT.
From November 20-22, to mark the 20th anniversary of its return, K’aàwidaà’s lodge will again be on temporary display at the PWNHC.
Public Viewing and Interpretation
November 20-22, 3pm-5pm
November 22, 7pm-9pm
“Bear Lake Chief’s Caribou Skin Conical Lodge: An Object Biography”
w/ Territorial Archaeologist Emeritus
Dr. Tom Andrews