The PWNHC is a member of the Alliance of Natural History Museum of Canada @alliancenaturalhistory, and we were one of the 11 museums to contribute a fossil to the exhibit Museum’s Choice: Fossil Favourites from Across Canada traveling exhibit. Our contribution was the Stromatolite. Visit the Royal BC Museum website to learn more or read about it in the Daily Hive.
Small surveying transits like this were carried into the field to make precision observations and sightings. This E.R. Watts & Sons unit was used by John Anderson-Thomson, an engineer and land surveyor in the NWT for 38 years from 1944 to 1982.
A brass telegraph from the M.V. Radium Gilbert. A ship's telegraph is used for communication between the bridge of the ship and the engine room. Operated by the Northern Transportation Company Ltd. from 1946 to 1980, the Radium Gilbert transported supplies and cargo to communities on Great Bear Lake, and uranium from Eldorado Mine.