A barber’s chair of wood and metal with a hydraulic lift and padded leather seat. It was used at Eugene Laflamme’s barber shop at the Con Mine recreation hall (1948-1959), and then at Woody Woodrow’s barber shop in downtown Yellowknife (1961-1972).
Koken Barber Supply Company, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
A pair of metal handcuffs owned by John Firth, a Hudson’s Bay Company manager at the Peel River Post. In the late 1800s, John Firth was appointed as the first law enforcement officer in that region. He acted as a Justice of the Peace until the coming of the North-West Mounted Police to Fort McPherson in 1903.
Marlin Firearms Company, New Haven, Connecticut, USA